F-1 Student Visa

F-1 student visas are issued to international students who are planning on attending an academic or English Language Program at an accredited college or university located within the United States. F-1 students must maintain the minimum course load for full-time student status. They can remain in the US up to 60 days beyond the length of time it takes to complete their academic program, unless they have applied and been approved to stay and work for a period of time under the OPT ProgramF1 students are expected to complete their studies by the expiration date on their I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status) which is provided by the US college or university that the student has been accepted to and will attend. It is not a dual intent visa therefore the foreign nationals on GF-1 visa cannot enter with an intent to settle in United States permanently.

Applicants for student visas should generally apply at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. This will normally be your home country — the country in which you live. Although visa applicants may apply at any U.S. consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of permanent residence.

To learn more about F-1 student visas, please give our immigration law firm a call today at (214) 965-8100. We are here to answer any questions you may have and help you better understand your options. F-1 student visas are relatively common, but they still require the assistance and expertise of a good lawyer to ensure there are no problems down the road. There are numerous benefits to achieving F-1 status in which our immigration lawyers will be able to go over with you in detail. Please contact us today to schedule an appointment about your student visa.

Request A Legal Consultation

    What Our Clients Say

    Scroll to Top