E-2 Investment Visa

E-2 visas are available to citizens of foreign countries that have a treaty of commerce and navigation, or a bilateral investment treaty providing for nonimmigrant entries, with the United States. The E-2 (“Treaty Investors”) visa is available to an alien who is a citizen or national of a treaty country and who wishes to enter the U.S. solely to develop and direct the operation of an enterprise in which he or she has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. Specific criteria must be met to qualify for either visa. Employment-based (EB) investment visas are nonimmigrant visas available to foreign nationals who have bilateral investment, commerce, or navigation treaties with the United States. Individuals who qualify for E-2 investment visas will have made a substantial investment in a U.S.-based company and wish to come to the United States to develop and direct the business operations of that enterprise. These visas are very popular in today’s world due to “substantial investment” where the alien applying for the visa is not bound to invest large sum of $1 million.

Due to the complex nature of United States immigration and visa laws, we encourage anyone interested in obtaining a visa to contact us today and schedule a consultation. All too often we see visa applications rejected because of a minor misstep. It is our intention to ensure no one is kept from entering the United States because of a document error. Please contact us at (214) 965-8100 to set up an appointment with with one of our immigration lawyers.

Request A Legal Consultation

    What Our Clients Say

    Scroll to Top